'I have come up with a ten point plant highlighting the areas that we shall prioritise going forward. These include streamlining the boards of State corporations in tourism, hastening the implementation of the Tourism Act and setting up a tourism market recovery programme to recover Kenya's lost market share in tourism. The national tourism strategy is at the moment being crafted and ...
Nairobi - Two months ago, Kenyans elected a president and deputy president both facing charges at the International Criminal Court (ICC). While the two leaders have promised to cooperate with the court, some are wondering whether they are already using their influence to skirt justice. Earlier this month, Kenya's representative to the United Nations submitted a letter to the U.N. Security ...
Kenya coach Adel Amrouche is banking on Francis Kahata to reproduce the form that saw him grab a wonderful goal for the Harambee Stars in their first leg World Cup qualifying game against ...
Law Society of Kenya (LSK) is in the process of organising a forum to discuss the decision of the Supreme Court on the presidential election ...
A 25-year-old Kenyan woman told News4's Jackie Bensen that she was kept as a domestic slave for three months by Saudi Arabian diplomats living in Northern ...
Observe and Report
Jody Hills pitch-black mall-cop comedy Observe and Report is a deeply angry movie, and any significance it has will likely reside in how future historians view it as a silver-screen expression of todays angry times. It is not surprising, then, that Hill has vocally not ... ...
Egypt . "Coming on the heels of Cabinet-level approval for the project, the concession agreement between Mashreq and the Port Said Port Authority clears the way for the fast-tracking of this critical project, which stands as a backup to Egypt's national energy security," said Mashreq Petroleum Chairman and Managing Director Dr. Tamer Abubakr. Mashreq Petroleum is a core platform ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN South Sudan President Salva Kiir said Thursday that he would "never acceptrdquo; the International Criminal Court. He spoke during a visit from new Kenyan president and ICC indictee Uhuru Kenyatta, who pledged the creation of roads, rail and pipelines to deepen economic ties between Kenya and the new nation.
It was Uhuru Kenyatta's first visit to South Sudan since becoming Kenya's president, and he was greeted with open arms by Salva Kiir, who told him "this is your homerdquo; and pledged the new nation's solidarity with the contentious leader and his people.
Kenyatta took office after winning a March election while under indictment from the ICC, which accuses him of inciting some of the ethnic violence that followed the disputed 2007 vote.
But while western nations were slow to congratulate him, other African leaders were quick to support him, regardless of looming charges at the Hague tribunal.
On Thursday, Kiir dismissed the court and South Sudan's willingness to sign up to it via the Rome Statute, echoing statements by some other African leaders that the court seems to target them.
"We have talked about these problems of the ICC, that the ICC, whatever has been written in Rome, has never been used against any one of their presidents or heads of states. ...
- Kenyas Tourism Secretary announces 10 point plan towards recovery
- Kenya Kenyan Cooperation With ICC Questioned
- Kenya bank on free-kick specialist against Eagles
- Kenya Elusive unity remains AUs toughest test
- Kenyan Woman Claims She Was Kept as Domestic Slave
- No Justice for Protester Killings - Full and Impartial Investigations Needed for Wau Deaths
- N. Bahr El Ghazal MPs Reject Interrogation Over Calls for Dissolution
- Unamid Delivers Medical Supplies to North Darfur Population
- African Union Donates Funds to Darfur for Development Peace-Building
- South Sudan President Says Never to ICC
- China to continue improvement of investment environment official
- Michael Pollan Why the family meal is crucial to civilisation
- Xi pledges to safeguard the environment
- Top 10 coastal hikes in California and the Pacific Northwest
- Guest Move ahead with environmental study on coal trains
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Stocks climb from one-month low Airlines gain CSR drops
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- Whose cat is beautiful Chechen leader vs TV celebrity
- BBC editor apologises for Muslim remark
- Now a radio that can change scripts depending on where you are
- IPL fixers should be banned government must act Sharad Yadav
- Facebook Phones poor U.S. sales feedback delays Europe launch
- Facebook doesnt excite teens anymore
- Facebooks face-recognition faces firestorms
- When ideas collide How face-to-face meetings achieve what the Internet cannot
- 5 Steps to Making a Sale Through Social Media
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wireless signals can stunt plant growth
- Spanish art gets privileged space in New York museum
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Bidder pays $1.5M for space trip with Leonardo DiCaprio