In a report to the U.N. Security Council, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said elephant poaching was a growing security concern, particularly in Cameroon, the Central African Republic, Chad and ...
At least 91 people, including 20 children, have been left dead after a huge tornado tore through Oklahoma City suburbs, officials in the US state ...
phone has a 4.5in screen, with an eight megapixel camera. It also supports 4G and is compatible with apps made for Google's Android. Among the handset's other features is what the company has called "The Other Half." coloured back of the phone is interchangeable - and the operating system's interface will change depending on what type of cover you have. These changes ...
Kenya's Deputy President William Ruto said African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) forces should be expanded to stem the spill over effect of violence and insecurity in Kenya, Kenya's The Standard reported Friday (May 17th). "The Somalia problem has compounded insecurity in Kenya with frequent attacks by al-Shabaab and proliferation of small arms," Ruto said while meeting ...
Nairobi - Twenty-two civil society groups in Kenya have launched a petition drive to recall seven members of parliament for attempting to subvert pay cuts for public officials instituted by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC). Representatives of these groups say the lawmakers acted in self-interest and against the constitution by attempting to disband the SRC in retaliation for the ...
Spirits of the Dead (Histoires extraordinaires, Tre passi nel delirio) [DVD]
"Every fiction should have a moral; and, what is more to the purpose, the critics have discovered that every fiction has." -- Edgar Allen Poe, "Never Bet the Devil Your Head" ...
Nairobi - Amina Mohamed has been sworn-in as the Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs, four days after her colleagues took their oaths of office. Mohamed was away in New York winding up her duties at the United Nations headquarters when her 15 colleagues were sworn in last week. Speaking during the ceremony at State House Nairobi, President Uhuru Kenyatta said he looked forward to working ...
Nairobi - Police officers in western Kenya have detained and questioned over 300 individuals in an effort to determine the motivations behind the violence in Bungoma and Busia counties that has killed 13 people and injured hundreds since April 28th, but nothing yet has been revealed. Violence began April 28th when a group of unidentified people hacked to death two Bungoma County residents and ...
United Nation Secretary General Ban Ki-moon Thursday (May 16th) nominated former Kenyan Minister of Trade and Industry Mukhisa Kituyi to lead the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) beginning September 1st. If confirmed by the UN General Assembly, Kituyi will succeed Supachai Panitchpakdi, from Thailand, who will step down at the end of August. Kituyi was a member of ...
Africa , including through expanding economic growth, investment, and trade; strengthening democratic institutions; and investing in the next generation ...
East African Breweries Limited (EABL), through the Snapp brand, recently unveiled Miss World Kenya 2013 beauty pageant, of which Snapp is the title sponsor. The Miss World Kenya pageant is held every year as part of the Miss World competition. The lady crowned as Miss World Kenya 2013 will represent Kenya in the global contest that will be held in September at the Sentul International ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- World UN Libya war weapons may be killing central Africa elephants
- World Dozens dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Lifestyle Ex-Nokia team makes rival smartphone
- Ruto Wants Amisom Expanded to Stem Al-Shabaab Attacks in Kenya
- Kenyan Lawmakers At Risk of Recall Over Demands for Salary Increases
- SAF promises decisive victory against rebels soon
- Ethio-Sudan Boarder Regions Meeting Holds in Gonder
- South Sudan South Sudan Constructing Roads
- Sudanese refugees relocated to camp in Ethiopia
- Minister of Defence and Director of Security Organ Informed On Security Situation in Nyala City
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Dubai makes $350 million off the environment
- UBD To Plant Trees For Green Wave Campaign
- 7-Eleven finds convenient business environment
- Xcel to seek bids for biomass power plant burning beetle-kill timber
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Social network addiction taking over lives Australian study
- Facebook booked over group exhorting cow slaughter
- Simple tips to secure your Facebook account on mobiles
- Tweet Your Way Into Trouble Social Media Dilemma
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Vitamin D from sun may treat asthma says study
- Need more freedom for filmmaking in India Anurag Kashyap
- The wonderfully weird world of webcomics | Dean Burnett
- Jarvis accepting applications for science institute