Vision 2030 which aspires for a slum free nation. Currently it is estimated that more than 34% of Kenyan's total population lives in urban areas with this number projected to hit 63% by 2030 in not well addressed. It s also estimated that 71% of the urban population lives in slums and are facing various challenges such as social, political and economic exclusion. Other vital problems ...
The team supposed to spearhead modernisation of the National Police Service said officers are incapacitated in several other ways but they urgently need vehicles, protection gear and houses. They met Tuesday at the Treasury as directed by ...
This follows enactment of new election rules, which provides that a judge or a magistrate handling petitions should not be engaged in any other court matter until the conclusion of election ...
Dado's long awaited cabinet includes one of his competitors in the gubernatorial race in an effort, he says, will bring cohesion among communities living in the county.?? He has ...
The Mijikenda, Taita and Pokomo communities in the Coast have suffered the worst land-related injustices since independence and successive governments did little to solve the problem, ...
Although Cul-de-sac was Roman Polanskis third film, it was the one he had most wanted to make since leaving Poland after his first feature Knife in the Water (1962) and it remains to this day one of his favorites. Again co-written with Gerard Brach, with whom Polanski had worke ... ...
TJRC ) report wants President Uhuru to apologise for the failure of the State to avert the killings. The report, released yesterday also recommends that all the victims be compensated within two years of the issuance of the report. ...
The hospital superintendent Benson Njuguna said it had emerged that the developer is attempting to dispose of the property at Sh2.5 million to unsuspecting business people. "I'm cautioning the business community and the public that the structure on the plot is illegally there, and soon the Government will demolish it since it belongs to ...
Mwai Kibaki presided over a Government that was responsible for numerous gross violations of human rights that included unlawful detentions, extra judicial killings and, economic crimes and grand ...
Speaking when he received the Truth, Justice and Reconciliation Commission final report at State House Nairobi, President Kenyatta said the Government would take the recommendations of the report seriously, while its contents would be made public. The President added that addressing the causes and effects of past injustices would contribute towards national unity, reconciliation and healing and ...
Truth Justice and Reconciliation Commission wants all reports and materials of previous investigations into political assassinations in Kenya made ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Grand Hyatt Dubai
I drove up to one of Dubai's newest luxury hotels, the Grand Hyatt Dubai, with it's towers majestically standing watch ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya National slum upgrading and prevention policy aims to improve livelihoods
- Kenya Patrol cars top police priority list
- Kenya Over 69 cases pave way for poll petitions
- Kenya Governor appoints rivals to Cabinet for peaces sake
- Kenya Coast residents suffered most land injustices
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-South Sudan cuts oil output sees new problems with Sudan
- Hip replacement procedure done for Sudanese Minister
- Sudan South Sudan Start Talks Over Former National Oil Company Assets
- National unity a project for each and every South Sudanese
- Kagame Cup Draws Set for Today in Khartoum
- Greenpeace drops item on Swedish reactor from glider to make point
- On the Scene in Tornado Hit Town Even Trees are Stripped of Everything
- QA Reworking Finance to Serve People and the Environment
- North Van RCMP charge three men alleging trees cut in Capilano park to improve homeowners’ view
- CO2 Solutions Announces Extension of Agreement with Codexis
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- South Australian Tourism Commission using short films to show new side to city
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Sarah Palin disproves climate change as it snowed in Alaska in May
- Social network addiction taking over lives Australian study
- Social media a viable option in disaster
- Oklahoma tornado aftermath on social media
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Michelle Keegan doesnt understand her sex symbol status
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- London Ont. sex offender escapes again
- Time-lapse spots faulty embryos before IVF
- Macrophages Play Critical Role In Salamander Limb Regeneration