JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN South Sudan President Salva Kiir said Thursday that he would "never acceptrdquo; the International Criminal Court. He spoke during a visit from new Kenyan president and ICC indictee Uhuru Kenyatta, who pledged the creation of roads, rail and pipelines to deepen economic ties between Kenya and the new nation. It was Uhuru Kenyatta's first visit to South Sudan since ...
Kenya's Vivian Cheruiyot will not be able to defend her 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres titles at this year's Moscow World championships as she is expecting her first child. The runner said in a statement Wednesday that she felt it was "the right time to start a family" at the age of 29, reports Xinhua. Cheruiyot plans to return for the 2014 season and compete in the 2015 World championships in ...
Kenya on Thursday got a chilly reception to its appeal to the U.N. Security Council to "terminate" International Criminal Court cases against the president and deputy president for planning and financing Kenya's 2007-08 postelection violence in which more than 1,000 people died and 600,000 were evicted from their homes. President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto ...
County Governors office with a ghost of tribalism and doubtful documents rocking the recruitment of officials. According to documents to weekly citizen,it is alleged that theTransitional Authority in charge of deployment Mr. Makori working under Kinuthia Wamwangi ...
nomination have invariably reflected and represented the faces of the entire County. The Forum Chairman Walter Adel Kitoto said the nominated candidates have the academic qualifications and technical skills required to implement the county's development agenda. "The nominees have wide, long and solid working experiences and commitment in their respective dockets," said Kitoto. ...
The Winslow Boy
David Mamet, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and filmmaker who has created an indelible name for himself writing hard-hitting modern American dramas and complex mysteries involving con games, seems like the least likely candidate in the world to adapt "The Winslow Boy," Terence Rattigan's 1946 play about a proud British family that uses its entire family fortune to defend one of their own a ... ...
By Thomas Ochieng API Kenya 21/5/2013 Kenya is in pursuit of harnessing sport tourism and the honor of underscoring this initiative has been bestowed on the Sotokoto Safari Marathon. The ...
Kenya made a new plea to the UN Security Council on Thursday to "terminate" International Criminal Court charges against President Uhuru Kenyatta and other leaders over political unrest in 2008. But western nations on the 15-member council told Kenyan diplomats at a private meeting that Kenyatta, Deputy President William Ruto and one of their followers must face the court, diplomats ...
An April 2011 Combination picture shows Kenya's Uhuru Kenyatta, who was finance minister, and William Ruto, former Higher Education Minister at the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The ...
NAIROBI -- World Trade Organization (WTO) Director-General Pascal Lamy said East African governments must improve roads, ports and trade procedures if the region is to meet its full economic potential. He said specifically that border administration must be improved and there has to be cross-border recognition of technical standards. The call of the WTO chief comes as trade partners across ...
Surgeons at the hospital have successfully reattached his partially severed organ. However, experts at the hospital Thursday indicated it is not possible to determine if the victim will regain full sexual function of his ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN South Sudan President Salva Kiir said Thursday that he would "never acceptrdquo; the International Criminal Court. He spoke during a visit from new Kenyan president and ICC indictee Uhuru Kenyatta, who pledged the creation of roads, rail and pipelines to deepen economic ties between Kenya and the new nation.
It was Uhuru Kenyatta's first visit to South Sudan since becoming Kenya's president, and he was greeted with open arms by Salva Kiir, who told him "this is your homerdquo; and pledged the new nation's solidarity with the contentious leader and his people.
Kenyatta took office after winning a March election while under indictment from the ICC, which accuses him of inciting some of the ethnic violence that followed the disputed 2007 vote.
But while western nations were slow to congratulate him, other African leaders were quick to support him, regardless of looming charges at the Hague tribunal.
On Thursday, Kiir dismissed the court and South Sudan's willingness to sign up to it via the Rome Statute, echoing statements by some other African leaders that the court seems to target them.
"We have talked about these problems of the ICC, that the ICC, whatever has been written in Rome, has never been used against any one of their presidents or heads of states. ...
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- Cheruiyot to miss World championships for pregnancy
- Kenya asks UN to terminate ICC crimes against humanity cases against president and VP
- Kenya Crisis talks at Kitale Governors office as ghost of tribalism rears its ugly head
- Kenya Executive Cabinet Nominees represent the face of Kisumu County says Elders
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- U.N. aid chief says Sudanese rebels obstructing aid deal
- South Sudan leader says International Criminal Court designed to humiliate African leaders
- Sudan UN humanitarian chief urges stronger bridges between humanitarian development work
- ICC persecuting Africans S Sudan
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- HSBC reviews logging policy as Bill Oddie film sparks petition
- Country diary Allendale Northumberland Hedgehogs have everything they need in this garden
- Arctic bacteria found living in Mars-like environment
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Backlash against tourism budget cuts
- Egypt tourism recovery forecast for 2014
- Suns former residence to be tourism center
- Isle of Capri to open new Pa. casino July 1
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Leonard Nimoy Supports Star Trek Writers Kickstarter-Funded Project
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes Study
- Penitent Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant
- Google Facebook mull rival bids for Waze report
- Twitter Lets Brands Find Viewers of Their TV Ads
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- UAE issues stamp to commemorate satellite
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Russian rocket wreckage threatens Ecuador satellite