A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped in Rajasthan's Alwar town and the video of the crime then uploaded on a social networking website, police said Tuesday. According to police, the victim's father registered a first information report (FIR) Tuesday with a police station at Alwar, some 150 km from Jaipur. "The man says that a youth befriended his daughter on Facebook. He raped her a few ...
Michelle Obama, who headed to Belfast for this year's G8 summit, is facing backlash on Twitter for her fringes. Onlookers apparently were more concerned with the ill-received styling of her bangs than her speech, the Huffington Post reported. The first lady seems to be growing out her blunt trim and transitioning it to a side-swept style. ...
Twitter reports of a PPP leader wearing a 'million dollar watch', have been confirmed that it was none other than Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who reportedly wore a 'Meteoris' watch during the national budget presentation. The price of the Louis Moinet 'Meteoris' watch has been estimated to be a whopping 4.6 million dollars. According to the Dawn, calling the budget to be anti-people ...
Social media giant Facebook has created a mysterious event for Thursday, which is speculated to be the one where, the company would add video feature to its Instagram smartphone picture sharing service. Facebook acquired Instagram last year, but made it impossible for the users to integrate their images into tweets, following which Twitter launched Instagram-style smartphone photo sharing ...
NSA PRISM surveillance program in the United States, many people have become much more concerned about what exactly search engines are tracking about them. Although Google, Bing, and Yahoo have stringent privacy policies, there have been enough people worried that they have begun looking at alternative search engines, particularly so-called "private search ...
Zack Snyders Sucker Punch unfolds like a video game-addled adolescent boys wet dream wrapped up in pseudo-feminist fits of girl power. Snyder, who is best known for the ultraviolent graphic novel adaptations of 300 (2006) and Watchmen (2009), is working from his own ... ...
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A trained gymnast whose naked acrobatics and harassment of passengers at a San Francisco public transit station were captured on video and circulated widely on the Internet is facing criminal charges over his antics, authorities said on ...
(Reuters) - Facebook Inc said on Tuesday it now has 1 million active advertisers globally who used the platform in the last 28 days, a milestone for the company that is seeking to revive its revenue ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Technology stocks were modestly higher Tuesday, lifted by gains in shares of Hewlett-Packard Co., Intel Corp. and Facebook ...
Taylor Swift has taken some flack from feminists in the past for her rather romantic songwriting, but now she’s getting a very different sort of attention. The singer/songwriter is the focus of a parody account ...
Tor has become a tool of free expression in parts of the world where citizens can not speak freely against their government. Many use the anonymous Web network to share information and updates with the rest of the world via social networks like Facebook and Twitter. What happens then when one of those social networks blocks Tor? That very question arose today when Tor users found that they ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hyatt Regency Islandia on San Diego's Mission Bay
Taking Highway 5 north of downtown San Diego, and exiting about 6 miles up on 8 West I soon came ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ruled that Kenya's deputy president, William Ruto, must attend key segments of his trial on charges of crimes against humanity scheduled to begin in September, according to a court spokesman.
Ruto and Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta face similar charges before the court in connection with their alleged role in the country's 2007-2008 post-election violence.
"The trial chamber has decided to grant the excusal from being present at the trial, except for key hearings of the opening, the closing, the statements of the parties, and when the victims will be presenting their personal concerns and views as well as when the verdict will be pronounced. And eventually if applicable, all the issues related to sentencing and reparations for the victims,rdquo; said Fadi el-Abdallah, ICC spokesman.
Ruto's defense attorneys had petitioned the court to excuse him from having to attend the trial. They also requested that Ruto be allowed to use a video-link during his trial.
El-Abdallah said that since the trial chamber granted the request to excuse Ruto from being present during all of the trial, the judges did not need to examine the subsidiary request for the video link. ...
- Kenyas Deputy Leader to Appear during ICC Trial
- India becomes Kenyas largest Asian trading partner
- Kenya Auditor Generals office hit as staff eye better jobs
- Kenya Commanders assume office amid uproar
- Constitution Commission Cautions on Transferring Functions to Counties
- South Sudan Theft From S. Sudan Presidents Office Inside Job
- Sudan and South violate border agreement deploy forces in buffer zone
- South Sudan Lack of Access Rains Hinder Aid to Jonglei IDPs
- Ashton calls for restoration of peace in Sudan
- Unamid Kicks Off Week-Long Awareness Campaign On Road Safety
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- Over 100 Chinese held for environmental pollution
- Prenatal exposure to chemical in plastic could lead to obesity
- UN General Assembly set to explore impacts of ocean acidification
- S.African Govt Supports Ballard and Anglo American Platinum Fuel Cell Systems Deployment
- Passenger on Frontier Airlines Flight Charged with Communicating False Information and Threats
- In Transit Blog A Royal-Style Room Has a Crib
- Heads Up In Milan a Surge of Burger Spots
- Personal Journeys Finding Gems on the Tuscan Coast
- Three States Getting Closer to Creating Infrastructure for Mattress Recycling - By Glenn Hasek
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Snoop gear in set-top boxes may soon monitor TV viewers every move
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- Rupert Murdoch splits empire but keeps faith in tomorrows newspapers
- BermanBraun Inks Multiyear Production Deal with MGM
- Minor raped video uploaded on social media
- Michelle Obamas bangs at G8 Summit slammed on Twitter
- Nawaz Sharifs million dollar watch rumours go viral on Twitter
- Facebooks mysterious big idea Thursday event has netizens buzzing
- DuckDuckGo Sees Record Traffic After NSA PRISM Scandal
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 280 new moon craters identified
- Steven and Alex Gerrard soak up the sun in Ibiza on 6th wedding anniversary
- ESAs Herschel telescope finally switched off
- US progressing towards first human-to-asteroid space mission UN committee told
- White House Petition Calls for Ban of Creation Science Intelligent Design From Schools