Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to nearly 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, they ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
Paulina Rubio will join the panel of judges for the popular Fox television show "The X Factor" next season, the Mexican singer's representative announced Tuesday. Rubio will join the judging panel - which includes show creator Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child and Disney star Demi Lovato - during the musical contest show's third season. "I love 'The X Factor'! I can't wait to find ...
Paris Hilton's boyfriend River Viiperi aggressively pushed an overeager fan in Cannes on Friday after the woman got too close to the reality Tv star. Hilton, who arrived in France last week, had to fight her way through crowds and paparazzi as she made her way to a party with Viiperi. It was then that one female admirer pushed up against the star's arm in an effort to capture a photo with her ...
Simon Cowell will be surrounded by women when 'The X Factor' returns for its third season this fall on BIG CBS LOVE. Grammy Award winning artist Kelly Rowland, international pop star Paulina Rubio and Demi Lovato join him as judges on the hit singing competition series, CBS News reported. "It's taken more than a decade but I'm delighted to finally be on a panel with three girls (I think!)," ...
The Other Guys [Blu-Ray]
The buddy-cop action movie has been parodied, gently and otherwise, so many times at this point that it would be reasonable to think that there is very little left to do with it (and if you had the misfortune of sitting through Kevin Smiths obnoxiously unfunny Cop Out earlier thi ... ...
Vindu Dara Singh, the actor son of the late wrestler-cum-actor Dara Singh, was arrested here today for his alleged role in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal. The Mumbai Crime Branch arrested him for his links with bookies. According to television reports, his arrest follows the arrest of Ramesh Vyas, who was arrested on May 15. Vyas had links to key bookies Jupiter ...
"It is one of the most brilliant ideas for a series that I've seen and one about which I was very excited," Lee said in a statement. "However, after spending over four years making and ...
Ke$ha is facing a backlash from officials at America's Parent Television Council (PTC) after footage of her drinking her own urine was shown on TV. The TiK ToK hitmaker was caught on camera guzzling her pee on 'Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life,' which aired on MTV in the U.S. on Tuesday. Campaigners at the PTC are fuming over the "disgusting, vile" scene, and are now ...
TOKYO – Sony's board will examine the proposal from a U.S. hedge fund to sell off a stake in its entertainment division, but refused to give a timetable for when it would reply, ...
Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin: 8 Revelations About That Sexting Scandal (and Jon Stewart!) After much speculation, the former congressman -- who resigned in 2011 amid a sexting scandal -- posted a video on YouTube late Tuesday officially announcing his run for mayor of New ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Grand Hyatt Dubai
I drove up to one of Dubai's newest luxury hotels, the Grand Hyatt Dubai, with it's towers majestically standing watch ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Business Orange Kenya wants Google to pay for services
- Japhet Koech from Kenyas Rift Valley to the Edinburgh marathon
- President Kenyatta Recieves TJRC Report
- Bill Seeks to Raise Poaching Penalties
- TJRC Report Indicts Kenyas Top Leaders
- Sudan and SPLM-N at odds over children vaccination
- Sudans Ex-Spy Chief Declines to Plea for Mercy
- Sudan Sudan Plans to Curb Unemployment Through Micro-Financing
- Sudan Lakes - More Arrests in Rumbek Over Beer Ban
- South Sudan UAE Investors Seek to Invest in South Sudan
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- State of UK Wildlife winners and losers - in pictures
- The anti-nature narrative in UK politics is hard to fathom | Tony Juniper
- Photos $4.179M West Vancouver timber frame home
- Columbus State University Implements Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Environment
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- South Australian Tourism Commission using short films to show new side to city
- Plasticity 2013 Hong Kong serves up sustainable plastic solutions
- OpenJaw forms strategic alliance with TravelSky to bring t-Retailing to China
- ICCA announces destination for 2016 Congress
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Facebook considered social burden by teens Study
- CA considering social media policy after Warner Twitter rant
- Seth MacFarlane wont host 2014 Oscar
- Sarah Palin disproves climate change as it snowed in Alaska in May
- 2013 The year to switch to alternative telecoms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB bacteria
- Michelle Keegan doesnt understand her sex symbol status
- Canada losing ground in global science race report says
- Human Body Factory by Dan Green | Book Review | GrrlScientist
- Kenya Space strained Kisii court gets facelift