Kenya said Tuesday it was "fine" with US President Barack Obama avoiding the country on an Africa tour next month, rejecting reports it was due to upcoming crimes against humanity trials of its leaders.Obama will leave on a first African tour in late June, visiting Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa, but his itinerary bypasses Kenya, where his father was born."America, just like ...
Nairobi - The Jubilee Coalition's numerical strength in the National Assembly was at play again, as the ruling alliance seized control of all 16 committees whose elections were conducted on Monday. CORD legislators were reduced to mere spectators as they lacked a strategy to beat their counterparts. Minority Leader Francis Nyenze said the coalition would have to play its role in the ...
Nairobi - Local banks have called on the Unclaimed Assets Authority to move with speed and guide the institutions how to hand over the unclaimed assets they hold. Kenya Bankers Association CEO Habil Olaka says the authority should quickly form the management team that is supposed to directly oversee the process. After recently appointing Vincent Kimutai Kimosop as the board chairman, the ...
Security authorities in Tseikuru district of Kitui want all charcoal burners and herders flushed out of the Kora National Park and Mwingi North game reserve to forestal armed conflicts. The Tseikuru District Security Committee under deputy county commission Stephen Momanyi said the only way to find a lasting solution to clashes between the locals and herding communities was by making the ...
A Coast lobby group has introduced an award to recognize responsible users of the social media. Human Rights Agenda has introduced the coast social media awards which shall be an annual event. Speaking at a Mombasa hotel during a luncheon to recognize this year's social media award winners on Thursday, Huria executive director Yusuf Lule pointed that irresponsible use of the social media ...
Spirits of the Dead (Histoires extraordinaires, Tre passi nel delirio) [DVD]
"Every fiction should have a moral; and, what is more to the purpose, the critics have discovered that every fiction has." -- Edgar Allen Poe, "Never Bet the Devil Your Head" ...
President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto are expected to nominate the remaining two cabinet secretaries this week. Ambassador Amina Mohammed was yesterday sworn in as cabinet secretary of foreign affairs. She did not take part in the swearing in ceremony that took place last week as she was out of the ...
The Independent Party Leaders Kalembe Ndile, narrowly escaped death this morning after bandits allegedly stormed his Syokimau Estate home but were repulsed by his personal security. Athi River police confirmed that one of the gangsters was arrested after he was cornered in the compound of the former Assistant Minister's house at 4am by Ndile's security men. Area OCPD Charles Kiriinya ...
Embu West acting district Daniel Obudo at the weekend ambushed parents who have been using their under aged children to work in the quarry at Karurina area. Obudo called the workers at the quarry into an impromptu public meeting and threatened them with prosecution if they don't stop using minors and further threatened to have the quarry closed if the practice continues. Obudo said any ...
Nairobi - High Court Judge David Majanja has urged civil society groups to help build confidence in the Judiciary after the landmark Supreme Court decision on the presidential petition filed by former Prime Minister Raila Odinga. Majanja says that the Judiciary cannot work in isolation as it represents the will of the people. Speaking during a forum by the Constitution and Reform Education ...
A Senator wants all investors compelled to surrender 20 per cent of their turnover as royalties to the counties in which they operate. The motion is sponsored by nominated Senator Agnes Zani who gave notice of the motion on Thursday last week. Zani wants the department of Interior and Coordination of national government to ensure that investors who have won contracts to work in any of the 47 ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya fine with Obama snub
- Tyranny of Numbers At Play Again in Parliament
- Banks Seek Direction On Unclaimed Assets
- MP Wants Herders Out of Kora Park
- Award for Social Media
- Foreign State Minister receives Sudanese Ambassador
- Lebanese farmland firm to invest up to $800 million in Sudan
- IDPs Attacked in South Darfur En Route to Dereige Camp
- Sudans Council of States Suspends Sessions to Push for Military Mobilisation
- S. Sudan Army Says It Recaptured Town From Yau Yau Rebels
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Fallen trees damage homeowners cars
- Twitter hit-and-run boast shows dangers of road tax entitlement | Dawn Foster
- Chelsea flower show at 100 A century of cuttings
- Rwanda Environment Projects Threatened By Financial Constraints
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Warner expected to plead guilty for Twitter rant during CA hearing
- Sarah Palin disproves climate change as it snowed in Alaska in May
- Social network addiction taking over lives Australian study
- Facebook booked over group exhorting cow slaughter
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Michelle Keegan doesnt understand her sex symbol status
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Vitamin D from sun may treat asthma says study
- Need more freedom for filmmaking in India Anurag Kashyap
- National Tribute Honors Memory of Sally Ride 1st American Woman in Space