In a surprising discovery, researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University have determined that vitamin C kills drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB) bacteria in laboratory culture. The finding suggests that vitamin C added to existing TB drugs could shorten TB therapy, and it highlights a new area for drug design. TB is caused by infection with the bacterium M. ...
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Alberta, nearly $5 million for his study of deep ocean exchanges of carbon dioxide. The study, titled "Ventilation, Interactions and Transports Across the Labrador Sea," will receive the award over the next five years. Myers says he chose ...
coral around the island state by using a computer model. The team said they found the order of coral abundance around the main Hawaiian Islands to ...
Anjan Contractor develop a 3D food printer. Contractor received the six month grant from NASA to create a prototype of his universal food synthesizer. The mechanical engineer plans to build ...
A Russian space capsule carrying lizards, mice, gerbils, fish and other creatures has safely returned to Earth, but not all of its animal passengers survived the month-long spaceflight, according to news ...
The Master [Blu-Ray]
There is no questionnone at all, in my mind at leastthat Paul Thomas Andersons The Master is a magnificently ambitious film. The first feature production to be shot in 65mm since Kenneth Branaghs Hamlet in 1996, it mixes exquisite period recreation of the post-World War II Eisenh ... ...
17/07/2012 00:25 CET There is to be a rare celestial choreography in the night sky from May 24 until the end of the month involving three of Earth’s neighbours in the Solar System. Mercury, Jupiter and Venus will all be aligned in the same field of vision, each seeming to spin and move around the others in a phenomenon known as ...
The Communications Commission of Kenya has said it does not have broadcasting spectrum to issue to the media owners, despite a government promise allocate them the third digital signal distribution license. The industry regulator, said the spectrum that would have been given to broadcasters was taken away in favor of mobile services through an agreement by International Telecommunication Union ...
MOSCOW, May 22 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's Bion-M1 biological research satellite, which recently carried rodents, microorganisms and plants on a month-long space flight, successfully accomplished its mission, an official said on Wednesday, despite the death of most of the animals on board. "The spacecraft did not show any noticeable failures and has accomplished its program in full," ...
Lacklustre industry support for research and development has to change if Canada is to become competitive, a new report from the Science, Technology and Innovation Council warns. (TOM ...
The U.S. Air Force is expected to pick a winner this summer to build an advanced radar system capable of tracking an estimated half a million pieces of manmade space junk, floating in orbit, before it can threaten satellites used for navigation, weather and communication, The Boston Globe reported. Raytheon Co. and Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin Corp. have competing proposals for the project. ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya Bill to end Kenya Power monopoly
- Lifestyle An energy efficient stove for Kenya
- Cop in Court for Trying to Kill His Senior
- Police Mum On Where Githurai Shootout Baby Is
- Politician Denies Links to Bungoma Busia Attacks
- Sudan Accused of Blocking Oil Exports
- South Sudan Denies Links Between Delay of Presidents Visit Khartoums Accusations
- Rebel leader claims Sudan planning to use chemical weapons against his forces
- Sudan and SPLM-N at odds over children vaccination
- Sudans Ex-Spy Chief Declines to Plea for Mercy
- Fire damages timber factory in Delhi
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- BJP says UPA govt led to an environment of gloom and pessimism
- The farmed halibut thats better to eat than its wild brothers
- Ancient redwood forests evoke look of future in After Earth
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- South Australian Tourism Commission using short films to show new side to city
- Uganda Uganda Hot On Turkish Airlines List
- Former travel commissioner Bob Stewart is new Ky. tourism secretary
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Sharon Osbourne Re-Joins U.K. X Factor as Judge
- Ang Lee pulls out of television project Tyrant citing fatigue from four years working on Life of Pi
- Facebook to revise violent content at all levels
- David Warner fined $5750 for twitter rant
- Nikki Sixx lashes out at Kim K for promoting make-up line during Okla. tornado
- Facebook considered social burden by teens Study
- CA considering social media policy after Warner Twitter rant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB bacteria
- Grant Will Allow University Of Alberta Researcher To Study Deep Ocean Exchanges In The Labrador Sea
- Researchers Predict Coral Distribution Around Hawaii
- NASA Looks To 3D-Printed Pizza And Other Foods For Long Distance Space Travel
- Russian Space Ark Returns Animal Astronauts to Earth Some Mice Gerbils Die