MOORE, Oklahoma - Rescue workers were combing through the battered remains of buildings left behind in the path of the gigantic tornado that killed two dozen people, including nine children, in Oklahoma on Monday. Officials say the search for survivors is nearly over as efforts turn towards recovery. Gary Bird, fire chief of the badly hit Moore suburb, said he was "98% sure" there were no ...
MIAMI - A man known to the Boston Marathon bombers was shot and killed Wednesday by an Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent after he turned violent during questioning, the investigating agency said. The Orlando Sentinel newspaper identified the man as Ibragim Todashev, 27. He was killed in the early morning incident in Orlando, Florida. The FBI said the shooting occurred in Orlando, ...
WASHINGTON - A US Senate panel has cleared a proposed legislation that relaxes restrictions on IT companies to hire foreign techies, thus clearing one of the major hurdles to ushering changes in American immigration law in a generation. The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill after its authors won a bipartisan support with three Republicans joining 10 Democrats in the 18-member ...
TEHRAN - Iran has approved eight candidates for the presidential election due next month, rejecting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's top aide in a major setback to the hawkish leader of the Islamic republic. Ahmadinejad criticised the decision to remove Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei from the final candidate list and said it was an act of "oppression". He announced plans to take up the case with ...
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In an indication that North Korea may give diplomacy a chance to end regional tension, its leader Kim Jong Un Wednesday sent a special envoy to China to win the confidence of its most important ally. The trip by Vice Marshal Choe Ryong Hae, a senior Workers' Party official and the military's top political officer, comes after months of ignoring Chinese warnings to ...
American Reunion (2012)
Arriving nine years after the last installment in the series, American Reunion is true to its title, reuniting the entire cast of the raunchy high school comedy American Pie (1999) for the first time since, well, American Pie 2 (2001). Several cast memb ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
International Cricket Council (ICC) has withdrawn umpire Asad Rauf from officiating in the Champions Trophy, which is slated to start from June 6. Explaining the decision, ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said: "In the wake of reports that the Mumbai Police are conducting an investigation into Asad Rauf's activities, we feel that it is in Asad's best interests as well as those of the ...
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Thursday withdrew Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf from next month's Champions Trophy in England and Wales after his name cropped up in the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal. ICC said it took the decision after media reports indicated that the 57-year-old umpire was under investigation by Mumbai Police. Rauf, who is an ICC Elite Panel umpire, has ...
Google chairman Eric Schmidt has called for a more rational and predictable international tax system following widespread criticism over the company's failure to have a more transparent tax payment system. The move comes after Labour Party leader Ed Miliband targeted his rebuke towards Schmidt at the Google Big Tent Conference, the Guardian reports. UK Prime minister David Cameron's aides have ...
Leona Lewis has revealed that she thought her world had come to an end following her split with first boyfriend. The 'Bleeding Love' hit maker, who was in a 10-year relationship with A'n'R scout Lou Al-Chamaa until 2010, told Stylist magazine that she was not sure if she would be able to get over the breakdown of her first romance, Contactmusic reported. Bu Lewis now believes that the split ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Kenya's Vivian Cheruiyot will not be able to defend her 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres titles at this year's Moscow World championships as she is expecting her first child.
The runner said in a statement Wednesday that she felt it was "the right time to start a family" at the age of 29, reports Xinhua.
Cheruiyot plans to return for the 2014 season and compete in the 2015 World championships in Beijing.
The Kenyan runner has not competed since she won a 5,000m silver and 10,000m bronze medal at the London Olympics last August. She won her titles over both distances at the last World championships at Daegu in South Korea
- Cheruiyot to miss World championships for pregnancy
- UAE leaders hold talks with foreign officials
- Kenya South Sudan and Uganda Pipeline poker
- Kenyan police clear truckers blocking east Africas main trade route
- Kenya Nurses and midwives trained on safe abortion methods to curb high mortality rate
- S. Sudan leader Intl court humiliates Africa
- Kenya South Sudan and Uganda Pipeline poker
- Sudan South Sudan vow to keep oil flowing differ on pumping problem
- UN 300000 Sudanese have fled Darfur fighting this year 1.4 million are living in camps
- N. Bahr El Ghazal Governor Denies Rift With Warrap Counterpart
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- H2O Innovation announces resignation of a Board member
- Trees planted in Snyder Park
- Fact not fiction Renewable energy is safer than nuclear power
- 18 injured as thunderstorm batters Romanian capital trees uprooted 1 person in coma
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- In Transit Blog Help With Breast-Feeding
- 48 in Austin 2000 nationwide Companies that caught Social Madness
- Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20 Opens with Brands New Design
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Video Just Because You’re Interviewing Morgan Freeman on Live Television Does Not Mean That He Needs to Stay Awake for It
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes Study
- Twitter beefs up security following recent hacking spate
- Penitent Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant
- In a circus-like outing twitter-disgraced Weiner hits NYC campaign trail
- Twitter launches feature to make sure its really you
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Russian rocket wreckage threatens Ecuador satellite
- Over 10 new oil fields found in Siberia
- UN urges collective efforts to achieve water secure world on Day for Biological Diversity
- Ants Benefit Pitcher Plant Hosts By Hunting Nutrient Stealing Parasites