Thomas Wray pumps his fist in support of cabdrivers as they blare their horns in protest outside Seattle City Hall on Monday. Wray is a staffer with Teamsters union Local 117. The drivers want the City Council to regulate ride-share ...
Being human, homosexual acts, dance, good form and good hygiene, part 2 Editorial, 3/25/2010 Note: This article was added much later as a follow up to the previous article on this subject and to this same addition on 9/27/2010. When looking at the things that make humans distinct from animals in aesthetics, and in following up on my previous article, there are some issues worth ...
Tomorrow, Tower Hamlets council is expected to give the green light for developers to build a 784ft skyscraper on Canary Wharf which is being dubbed a 'town in a ...
Lyric Opera's unprecedented effort this past season to make itself more generally relevant and to provide what general director Anthony Freud calls "a broader, deeper cultural service to more people around the city" appears to have paid off. What's more, the company ended its 2012-13 season in the black, just as it has done for 25 of the past 26 years. That was the good ...
British folk band Mumford & Sons’ bassist Ted Dwane posted a message on Monday saying he was recovering after brain surgery to remove a blood clot. Dwane posted a picture of himself with a shaved head on the ...
Beverly Hills Cop [Blu-Ray]
Beverly Hills Cop, one of the first megahits of the early 1980s and the movie that catapulted star Eddie Murphy into the Hollywood stratosphere, is all about attitude. It has to be: Short in the narrative department, filled with caricatures, and largely lacking in any re ... ...
Funnyman Jeff Garlin has escaped vandalism charges following his arrest on Saturday. The Curb Your Enthusiasm star was arrested after allegedly smashing the windows of a Mercedes in Studio City, California during a heated altercation with the vehicle's female driver over a parking spot. TMZ.com reports he broke the side window with his hand. Sources tell the website Garlin will not face ...
Andrew Garfield has been confirmed to don the Spider-Man costume for four films - his Peter Parker alter-ego will be back for three sequels to last year's The Amazing Spider-Man. As the Brit completes work on his second film as Spider-Man, executives at Sony have announced there will be a third and fourth installments of the franchise in 2016 and 2018. A statement from Jeff Blake, the ...
While "pan in the classroom" is here to stay, schools have been given a wider choice of musical instruments which include the harmonium, the ‘tabla’, the ‘dholak’, the guitar and the ...
SPIRITED PERFORMANCE: These pupils give a spirited performance of Errol John's Moon on a Rainbow Shawl during the first annual Language Arts Department Showcase hosted by Naparima ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers
I could not find the Web site for this hotel, and it was not listed on any of the Internet ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
10 June 2013 150 The General Assembly today confirmed the appointment of Mukhisa Kituyi of Kenya as Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) for a four-year term, beginning on 1 September 2013.
Mr. Kituyi will succeed Supachai Panitchpakdi of Thailand, who has served as head of the Geneva-based agency since September 2005.
A former Member of Parliament and a former Minister of Commerce and Industry of Kenya, Mr. Kituyi was nominated for the post last month by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
Established in 1964, UNCTAD promotes the development-friendly integration of developing countries into the world economy. It seeks to work as a "laboratory of ideas" and to provide on-the-ground assistance to help developing countries raise living standards through trade, investment, finance and technology.
It also aims to help developing countries benefit from the globalized economy, and to contribute to international debate on emerging issues related to those countries and the world economy, such as the current global financial crisis, through major reports, policy briefs, and contributions to international conferences.
UNCTAD's membership comprises the 193 Member States of the UN, as well as the Holy See.
- Kenya Mechanics religious group clash over land
- Kenyas Maasai tribals go into bat for social concerns
- Bill to Fight Child Abuse
- Kenya Senator Roots for Agriculture
- Kenya Lets Reconsider Laptops Project
- Theft from S. Sudan Presidents Office Inside Job
- Egypt Sudan to buy oil shipments from Iraq on credit
- Is West now looking past Darfur genocide to engage Sudan
- South Sudan gets tough on market traders
- Ethiopian Ambassador to Sudan Speaks to the Sudanese Press
- UN General Assembly set to explore impacts of ocean acidification
- Coping In A Toxic Work Environment
- USA- Weyerhaeuser purchases Longview Timber for USD2.65b
- Citizens Climate Lobby pushes for a carbon tax and dividend | Dana Nuccitelli
- Local government 457 visas and coal seam gas parliamentary video highlights
- Marilyn Monroe voted passengers dream flight attendant
- Railways to launch ticket booking through non-internet based mobile phones
- Airlines performance improves lags other industries U.S. poll
- Study shows airlines dont rank high in customer satisfaction
- Rwanda gets ready to launch religious tourism circuit in Kihebo
- Helen Flanagan attacked on Twitter over nose job
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan reveal first pic of daughter Everly
- Family congratulates new parents Kim K and Kanye West
- Warnies sexy shirtless pic slammed on Twitter
- Social media leading cause of FoMO - fear of missing out
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- ESAs Herschel telescope finally switched off
- New details about crash that killed Yuri Gagarin first man in space emerge
- Harold the space centre projector semi-retiring from painting the sky with stars
- Star attraction at Vancouver space centre being put out to interstellar pasture
- NASA selects new astronauts for space exploration