Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom said Thursday he was "in tears" after a European company deleted all the data it was hosting from his shuttered file-sharing site.Netherlands-based LeaseWeb announced it had deleted all Megaupload files from 630 servers.LeaseWeb said in a statement it hosted the data for over a year at its own expense without receiving any requests to access it or retain ...
changed its controversial stance on always-on connectivity and game DRM on Wednesday, a reversal that comes after more than a week of harsh criticism from consumers, press and especially competitors. The move comes just a few months before the console is set to hit store shelves, and is widely-viewed as reactionary. Rival Sony, which priced and further detailed ...
Even as the company backtracks on its unpopular game-sharing policy, a company executive tells CNET that it won't budge on the price for the console, some $100 more than the rival PlayStation ...
John Mcafee, anti-virus software guru, arrives for a news conference outside of the Supreme Court of Justice in Guatemala City, December 4, ...
By Alexei Oreskovic SAN FRANCISCO, June 19 | Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:46pm EDT SAN FRANCISCO, June 19 (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc on Wednesday downplayed concerns that its plans to recycle inactive user IDs could leave users exposed to hackers, saying only 7 percent of those IDs are tied to actual Yahoo email accounts. The Internet company, which announced last week it would release user IDs that ...
À Nous la Liberté [DVD]
One of the great ironies of Ren Clair's Nous la Libert is that it is widely considered to be a groundbreaking movie in pioneering the use of sound, yet Clair had initially been one of the staunchest opponents to making the movies talk. ...
The latest Wi-Fi technology, called "802.11ac," offers speeds of up to 1.3 Gigabits per second. That's fast enough to transfer an entire high-definition movie to a tablet in under 4 minutes, share photo albums with friends in a matter of seconds or stream three HD videos at the same time. It's more than double the top speed of the previous standard, known as ...
It's no coincidence that the teaser videos come just a day before Twitter rival Facebook is expected to announce an Instagram video feature for sharing more than photos through ...
After the tech giant announces that it's backtracking on its much-derided Internet connection requirement, social media, comment threads, and gaming forums light ...
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sprint Nextel Corp should consider raising its offer price for Clearwire Corp or risk being saddled with a contentious relationship with Dish Network Corp, controlled by feisty billionaire Charlie ...
PALMER LUCKEY was just a baby the last time virtual reality was talked up as "the next big thing". Twenty disappointing years later, he has single-handedly driven its renaissance (see ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ruled that Kenya's deputy president, William Ruto, must attend key segments of his trial on charges of crimes against humanity scheduled to begin in September, according to a court spokesman.
Ruto and Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta face similar charges before the court in connection with their alleged role in the country's 2007-2008 post-election violence.
"The trial chamber has decided to grant the excusal from being present at the trial, except for key hearings of the opening, the closing, the statements of the parties, and when the victims will be presenting their personal concerns and views as well as when the verdict will be pronounced. And eventually if applicable, all the issues related to sentencing and reparations for the victims,rdquo; said Fadi el-Abdallah, ICC spokesman.
Ruto's defense attorneys had petitioned the court to excuse him from having to attend the trial. They also requested that Ruto be allowed to use a video-link during his trial.
El-Abdallah said that since the trial chamber granted the request to excuse Ruto from being present during all of the trial, the judges did not need to examine the subsidiary request for the video link. ...
- KENYA Over 700 pupils in Nambale Busia County infested by jiggers get free treatment
- Kenya Wildlife Service Moves 15 Rogue Laikipia Jumbos to Meru
- Im Not to Blame for Failed Concert - Tarrus Riley
- Muhuri Decry Terror Suspects Killings
- Atwoli Used Donor Cash for Politics
- US Congressional Human-Rights Panel Condemns Sudan
- Sudanese president meets Chinas special envoy
- Sudanese parliament approves Kuwaiti loan despite strong opposition
- Calm Eritrea avoids talks of rebellion
- In South Sudan Ending Child Marriage Will Require a Comprehensive Approach
- UAEs efforts to preserve environment exemplary says daily
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Climate change measuring instruments are on life support | John Abraham
- No environment no economy
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- Pinnacle Airlines changing name to Endeavor Air
- Emirates Qantas named top world airlines
- United Airlines 787 in latest setback
- Liv Tyler to make TV debut
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- New Twitter account casts Taylor Swift as feminist
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- Helen Flanagan robbed after tweeting she was alone at home
- What workers hate about work culture at Facebook
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- With Russian Help Europe Prepares to Search for Life on Mars
- N.S. MLA who defrauded taxpayers in scandal finally resigns
- Children given antibiotics in first year more likely to develop eczema
- Russia-linked Firm Develops Video App to Help Solve Crime in US
- Louisiana teen allegedly killed half-sister with TV wrestling moves