Singer Miley Cyrus defends her decision to smoke weed saying it is far less dangerous than alcohol. The 20-year-old, who landed in hot water in 2010 when she was caught on film allegedly smoking pot from a bong, also joked that she smoked too much weed after receiving a Bob Marley cake for her 19th birthday, reports contactmusic.com. When asked if she is a "stoner", she said: "You can't ask ...
Lisa Snowdon, who dated Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney on and off for five years from 2000, has said that they still keep in touch. The 41-year-old English model told new! magazine that it doesn't bother her any more, the Daily Express reported. She said that at the end of the day he is Clooney so people will be interested in knowing about him. Snowdon that though she hasn't seen him ...
Cheryl Cole has been voted as the celebrity having the tattiest tattoos. The Sun had last week asked its readers to vote for the star who had screwed up their looks with body art. More than 12,500 readers voted, and of them 22 percent crowned Cole worst for her numerous designs, including the giant rose on her back. Justin Bieber was placed second with 18 percent of the votes, while rapper ...
Though he thinks about retiring from Hollywood everyday, actor Johnny Depp reveals he has no such immediate plans because his brain "on idle is a bad thing". "I think while I've got the opportunity, the desire and the creative spark to do the things that I can do right now, I should do them. And then, at a certain point, just take it down to the bare minimum and concentrate on, I guess, living ...
Singer Max George says he has moved on from his past relationship and is ready to mingle again. The 24-year-old was engaged to actress Michelle Keegan for almost two years, but they ended their relationship in April 2012. However, George, member of The Wanted band, now wants to enjoy life, reports thesun.co.uk. "I do fancy seeing someone else now. My last relationship, it was with a very ...
À Nous la Liberté [DVD]
One of the great ironies of Ren Clair's Nous la Libert is that it is widely considered to be a groundbreaking movie in pioneering the use of sound, yet Clair had initially been one of the staunchest opponents to making the movies talk. ...
Hollywood's action film star Jackie Chan has expressed his love for Bollywood music and dance sequences, and added that he is waiting for the right script and film director before venturing into an Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration. Chan, who is of Chinese descent, is leading a delegation at a six-day Chinese film festival in New Delhi. Welcomed by a thundering applause, the multi-faceted action ...
Miley Cyrus and Chris Brown have been voted as the worst celebrity role model for children, according to a new survey. The survey, which was conducted by CouponCodes4u.com, asked 2,407 parents to rate the celebrities that they believed had negative influences on their kids, the Sun reported. The 19-year-old 'Hannah Montana' star earned the wrath of 68 percent in the survey. Lindsay Lohan, who ...
Singer Kesha says she has worked really hard to get perfect toned legs and therefore likes flaunting them. The 26-year-old, who has sung songs like "Tik tok", "Blow" and "Die young", is proud of her figure. "For me, I like showing off my legs because I work really hard on them. So, you will rarely find me wearing pants," Self magazine quoted Kesha as saying. The singer has posed for the cover ...
Singer Robbie Williams says he is jealous of teen sensation Harry Styles' female fan following and link ups. Styles, 19, is said to be a ladies' man and is time and again linked to a new woman. The singer, member of One Direction band, last dated singer Taylor Swift, but called off the relationship in January this year. "I've been following Harry and his messy romances and been slightly ...
KNOXVILLE - Peyton Manning and Kara Lawson are taking part in a new commercial due out nationally this fall hoping to bring awareness to Alzheimer's and support the Pat Summitt Foundation's push to find a cure. Lawson filmed her scenes in the Lady Vols' locker room on the Tennessee campus Monday, while Manning shot his portion Tuesday at Neyland Stadium in the locker room named ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ruled that Kenya's deputy president, William Ruto, must attend key segments of his trial on charges of crimes against humanity scheduled to begin in September, according to a court spokesman.
Ruto and Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta face similar charges before the court in connection with their alleged role in the country's 2007-2008 post-election violence.
"The trial chamber has decided to grant the excusal from being present at the trial, except for key hearings of the opening, the closing, the statements of the parties, and when the victims will be presenting their personal concerns and views as well as when the verdict will be pronounced. And eventually if applicable, all the issues related to sentencing and reparations for the victims,rdquo; said Fadi el-Abdallah, ICC spokesman.
Ruto's defense attorneys had petitioned the court to excuse him from having to attend the trial. They also requested that Ruto be allowed to use a video-link during his trial.
El-Abdallah said that since the trial chamber granted the request to excuse Ruto from being present during all of the trial, the judges did not need to examine the subsidiary request for the video link. ...
- Kenyas Olympic body elections raises uproar
- Kenya Airways To Fly Three Times Weekly To Blantyre
- KENYA Over 700 pupils in Nambale Busia County infested by jiggers get free treatment
- Kenya Wildlife Service Moves 15 Rogue Laikipia Jumbos to Meru
- Im Not to Blame for Failed Concert - Tarrus Riley
- US Congressional Human-Rights Panel Condemns Sudan
- Sudanese president receives Chinas representative on African
- Sudanese president meets Chinas special envoy
- Sudanese parliament approves Kuwaiti loan despite strong opposition
- Calm Eritrea avoids talks of rebellion
- UAEs efforts to preserve environment exemplary says daily
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Environment Secretary Owen Paterson urges UK to adopt use of GM crop technology
- 21 of Russians Worry about Environment - Survey
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- Tourism Minister announces new campaign to promote Himalayas
- Hainans duty-free sales help boost tourism income
- Hainan Airlines wins two awards at SKYTRAX 2013 World Airline Awards
- Indonesia fuel hike likely to hit tourism hard
- Liv Tyler to make TV debut
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- New Twitter account casts Taylor Swift as feminist
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- Helen Flanagan robbed after tweeting she was alone at home
- What workers hate about work culture at Facebook
- Yahoo follows Facebook and Microsoft in publishing US govt sought snoop data
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- With Russian Help Europe Prepares to Search for Life on Mars
- Chinese students wait for class from space
- Official stresses scientific planning for ecological drive
- Chinese astronaut to deliver first space lecture