(eTN) - Travelers using the Entebbe International Airport have for long been suffering the inconvenience of being made to walk long distances from the car parking to the main terminal, often subjected to pouring rain, as a result of the security requirement to keep vehicles away from the terminal. 'Entebbe is the only airport in the region where you cannot drive up to the terminal and ...
IN MARCH last year the heads of state of Kenya, Ethiopia and South Sudan met among mangroves in Lamu, a Kenyan town on the Indian Ocean, to launch the construction of a port and oil pipeline together costing $16 billion that would serve all their countries and vastly enrich them. Taxpayers were billed $350,000 for the celebratory meal, according to local officials, though it actually cost only ...
A court has sentenced a 27-year-old man to five-years in jail for defrauding the Toro queen mother, Best Kemigisha of USD 60,000 (approximately sh150m). Ibrahim Nsimbe alias Moses Kyeyune was convicted on Wednesday by trial magistrate Patrick Wekeasa at Nakawa Court in Kampala and ordered to pay back the money, after serving his sentence. "He should serve his sentence and pay back the ...
In the early hours of Saturday night, a week ago, veteran politician Jaberi Bidandi Ssali drove from Kampala, to his Bukoto home. In the car, a Toyota Premio was Saddam Gayiira, a politician with Bidandi's political party, the People's Progress Party (PPP). As they drove around the Kisaasi-Ntinda by pass round about, Bidandi lost control of the vehicle and rammed into a truck, coming ...
Uganda Super League (USL) Limited has in its stand-off with Education and Sports Ministry turned to the constitutional court for guidance. The petition follows Minister Jessica Alupo's directive that USL be deregistered. Alupo made several recommendations stripping USL of powers to run football. The nine-page petition questions the powers of the minister to issue such a directive without ...
The Winslow Boy
David Mamet, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and filmmaker who has created an indelible name for himself writing hard-hitting modern American dramas and complex mysteries involving con games, seems like the least likely candidate in the world to adapt "The Winslow Boy," Terence Rattigan's 1946 play about a proud British family that uses its entire family fortune to defend one of their own a ... ...
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) has accused the clearing agents at Malaba border for the continuous truck pile up that has caused a daily traffic jam on the Malaba-Tororo highway during morning and evening hours. URA eastern regional manager Geoffrey Balamaga said whereas the tax body has employed staff to work on 24-hour basis under the one border stop centre system, the clearing agents are ...
A 37-year-old man has been remanded to Luzira Prison after he admitted defiling his 12-year-old daughter. Denis Ssebugwawo, a resident of Kinawa, Nsangi sub-county, Wakiso district was on Wednesday sent back to Luzira by Mwanga II Court chief magistrate, Emmanuel Baguma, after he pleaded guilty to the offence. "I admit the case and I ask for forgiveness from all those affected, including ...
The College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) congratulates the Nordic Countries on their National Day. CEDAT is proud to be associated with the Nordic Countries which have greatly supported the College. For the last 12 years the governments of Sweden through Sida/SAREC and Norway through NORAD/NUFU have sponsored different projects at CEDAT. Sida and NUFU have sponsored PhD ...
Former Amavubi coach Milutin 'Micho' Sredojevic is the new Uganda Cranes coach after signing a two-year deal. Micho was sacked last month after a poor run of results but shortly before that he had been sighted in Kampala watching a league match after the sacking of Cranes coach Bobby Williamson. This paper was the first to report that Micho had travelled to Kampala to lobby for the ...
Uganda registered a revenue shortfall of sh583b against April's target of sh614b, the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) announced on Tuesday. The tax authority said it registered shortfall in taxes levied on imported products and goods. April's revenue from international trade was sh257b against a set target of sh296.91b, blamed on the decline in petroleum duty withholding taxes and ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN South Sudan President Salva Kiir said Thursday that he would "never acceptrdquo; the International Criminal Court. He spoke during a visit from new Kenyan president and ICC indictee Uhuru Kenyatta, who pledged the creation of roads, rail and pipelines to deepen economic ties between Kenya and the new nation.
It was Uhuru Kenyatta's first visit to South Sudan since becoming Kenya's president, and he was greeted with open arms by Salva Kiir, who told him "this is your homerdquo; and pledged the new nation's solidarity with the contentious leader and his people.
Kenyatta took office after winning a March election while under indictment from the ICC, which accuses him of inciting some of the ethnic violence that followed the disputed 2007 vote.
But while western nations were slow to congratulate him, other African leaders were quick to support him, regardless of looming charges at the Hague tribunal.
On Thursday, Kiir dismissed the court and South Sudan's willingness to sign up to it via the Rome Statute, echoing statements by some other African leaders that the court seems to target them.
"We have talked about these problems of the ICC, that the ICC, whatever has been written in Rome, has never been used against any one of their presidents or heads of states. ...
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- Cheruiyot to miss World championships for pregnancy
- Kenya asks UN to terminate ICC crimes against humanity cases against president and VP
- Kenya Crisis talks at Kitale Governors office as ghost of tribalism rears its ugly head
- Kenya Executive Cabinet Nominees represent the face of Kisumu County says Elders
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- U.N. aid chief says Sudanese rebels obstructing aid deal
- South Sudan leader says International Criminal Court designed to humiliate African leaders
- Sudan UN humanitarian chief urges stronger bridges between humanitarian development work
- ICC persecuting Africans S Sudan
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- NH Forest Officials Find Invasive Beetle In 5-Percent Of Concord Trees
- HSBC reviews logging policy as Bill Oddie film sparks petition
- Country diary Allendale Northumberland Hedgehogs have everything they need in this garden
- Arctic bacteria found living in Mars-like environment
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Isle of Capri to open new Pa. casino July 1
- Suns residence to become center of tourism town
- UAE bucks Middle Eastern post-Arab Spring tourism decline.
- Overnighter North of Berlin a Quiet Land of Lakes
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- AG Holder personally authorized Fox News surveillance
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes Study
- Penitent Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant
- Facebook delays Home in Europe wants a stronger First impression
- WikiLeaks doc director on Julian Assange The balls of this guy - I thought wow.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- UAE issues stamp to commemorate satellite
- Find how fit you are for your age
- Russian rocket wreckage threatens Ecuador satellite