O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel. But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported. The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ...
A Hindu temple that dates back over 150 years, a market that sports an Indian name and love for Bollywood reflect the India connect of the Yemeni city of Aden. The famous Hindu temples include the Shri Tarichmerga Temple that was built in 1862, the Shri Ram Ji Temple that was built in 1875 and the Hanuman Temple that was built in 1882. It is estimated that Indians in Aden numbered 8,563 in ...
Actor Justin Bartha, who plays Doug, one of the four friends in the popular "The Hangover" film series, is reportedly engaged to fitness trainer Lia Smith. The movie star proposed to Smith early May. "They're the cutest couple. She was completely surprised by the whole thing," usmagazine.com quoted a source as saying. "The trip to Big Sur, the engagement, the ring, everything. So cute," the ...
Zarika 's bout was not the main fight. Light weight six-round contest pitting Uganda's Hamza Wandera against Tanzania's Osward Maneno was the most exciting and could have gone either way. The ring judges however, gave victory to ...
It was Thika United, who went up first in the match after John Wanyonyi scored in the 23rd minute. The move was initiated by Kennedy Otieno, who picked a loose ball in the middle of the pack and shot on the turn. The goal bound shot was too fast for Joseph Ruto in goal. He palmed it allowing a waiting Wanyonyi to simply tap it home. Mathare United were back in the match after ten minutes and it ...
Le doulos [DVD]
Although he would come to be identified almost exclusively with American noir-inspired gangster films, Jean-Pierre Melville did not actually make one until Le doulos, which was his eighth film and came nearly 15 years into his career. Granted, he had directed Bob le flambeur in ... ...
'I worry if I'm a good person' - psychology student Emma Campbell, who suffers extreme anxiety attacks. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the ...
At least five people were injured in what is believed to have been a gas explosion at a house in Nottinghamshire.The house was severely damaged in the blast at around 5.10pm on Wright street, Newark, according to Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.The five injured people are thought to have been injured in the explosion. Initial reports said that some had to be rescued ...
$84.1 million for the four and a half days that it has been open. Though nothing to scoff at, it’s still underperforming according to initial projections which hoped for a $100 million extended weekend and $80 million on the three-day. The first Star ...
The price of fruit and vegetables in Perth is rising faster than for snacks and confectionery, prompting warnings of a worsening nutrition crisis.Fruit prices rose 18.8 per cent and vegetables 10.7 per cent between September 2010 and March this year, while snack foods and sweets prices rose just 4 per cent, Perth's consumer price index revealed.The figures came as experts said food could ...
A vaccine against the debilitating Ross River virus could soon be a reality as an Australian trial reaches its third and final stage.Trials in Europe and Australia had shown good protective responses from a vaccine in development, David Smith from the University of WA school of pathology and laboratory medicine said."It's a new vaccine, so we assume that protection is long-lasting, but ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya How terror suspect battled to his death
- Kenya Mauritius-based hospital seeks to hire Kenyan nurses
- Kenya Cheaper power as geothermal plant nears completion
- Kenya Fruitless attempt to break into Mutulas grave
- Kenya State insists Ruto jet hire cost Sh18.5m
- 29 killed in South Sudan cattle raid ReportAt least 29 people were killed when cattle raiders from a South Sudanese minority group opened fire on members of another minority in a village in Upper Nile state a local official said Sunday.
- IGAD Delegation Meets Juba Lands Self Elected Presidents.
- JEM Head Denies Sudan-Chad Border Clash Was Murder
- New Regional Security Commission for Darfur - Al Bashir
- Rebels Down Sudan Air Force Drone in Kordofan
- Politics bribery charges swirl around fledgling Uganda oil industry
- Uganda bombing victim graduates from Messiah College
- Even before first drops flow Ugandas oil beset by bribery charges political interference
- South Korea Hails Govt On Promoting Security
- Long Queues Overwhelm Vaccination Centres
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Climate change meltdown unlikely but human disaster looms claims new research
- The invisible beauty of flowers - in pictures
- Tar sands exploitation would be game over climate warns leading scientist
- Tax avoidance how to change corporate behaviour
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Airlines stand firm over EU carbon tax
- UAE top MidEast performer for tourism receipts in 2012
- Military Attack wins Singapore Airlines Cup to make it Hong Kongs night
- Education tourism one-stop shop
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- N. Korea blames S. Korean TV show of NK defectors
- White House Adviser Fires at Fox News Host for “Offensive” Benghazi Question
- 4G to debut in Shanghai next month
- Senator warns US lack of foreign policies may lead to modern-day Hitler invasion
- Saudi clerics blame Twitter for immoral souls
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Captain aspirant Warner may bid adieu to Ashes hopes over Twitter rant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Astronomers Awaiting Comet ISONs Year-End Spectacular