MPs entered the house earning Sh50,000 and they got Sh500,000 which is quite big for them and they are contented with it. Some of us didn't join parliament so as just to earn money, we have worked for many years without pay serving the people," said Njuki. The MP stressed on the need for servant leadership and vowed to serve the country irrespective of ...
Tuesday 14th May saw a demonstration outside Parliament to protest the MPs planned salary increment. While I was in solidarity with them on the notion of ensuring that as a nation, leader's salaries ought not to be a mill stone on the national GDP, their rage was misplaced and they failed to see our collective role in the MPs clawing at the budget. I think MPs ought to be given that salary ...
The priest-in-charge of Christ the King Catholic Parish in Nanyuki town is recuperating at Huruma Mission Hospital after being hit with a hammer on the head by his employee. Father Franco Crabu was attacked by his long time driver Emmanuel Wachira on Monday following an unknown dispute. According to the Parish chairman Samson Mburugu, Wachira came to the Father's house on Monday evening, ...
A woman has appealed to Chief Justice Willy Mutunga to intervene and rescind a court decision to have her pay a lawyer an outstanding bill until her case is complete. Lilian Nkirote has been ordered by an Isiolo court to pay her lawyer Mbaabu M'Inoti Sh48,076 failure to which she will be jailed. Speaking to reporters in Meru town, Nkirote said they had originally agreed with the lawyer ...
Report procurement malpractices in your county to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission. There have been reports of county governments being accused of illegal recruitment. Here is Irene Keino from the ...
Although Cul-de-sac was Roman Polanskis third film, it was the one he had most wanted to make since leaving Poland after his first feature Knife in the Water (1962) and it remains to this day one of his favorites. Again co-written with Gerard Brach, with whom Polanski had worke ... ...
A lawyer representing a petitioner in a case filed at the Bungoma High Court challenging the election of a Bungoma women's representative has sought to withdraw from the case. Lawyer Sichele sort to withdraw from representing the major Godfrey Masaba in a case challenging the election of Reginalda Wanyonyi. Judge Hellen Omondi directed that the petitioner appoints another advocate to ...
Six murder suspects yesterday escaped from Gamba police station in the Tana Delta. Five of the suspects are accused of killing police officers in Kilelengwani last year. The sixth was allegedly involved in the killing of a schoolboy, who was shot with an arrow, at Chara last week. The boy died while undergoing treatment at Coast General Hospital. Sources said the suspects escaped through the ...
The parent of a boy who went missing two months ago from Kanunga High School has written to the Ministry of Education PS seeking the government's intervention to have the school investigated. Speaking to the press outside the school compound yesterday, Kellen Wairimu said 17-year-old Obadiah Karanja disappeared after he was allegedly sent home on March 15 by the school deputy principal ...
A standard eight pupil who went missing 10 days ago has been found. Ibrahim Okwiri of Kakamega Hill school who disappeared from the school a day after the schools opened was found in Webuye where he had joined street families. His mother, Caroline Shichenje, said Ibrahim went missing from the school on May 6. The school management did not inform Ibrahim's parents or report the matter to ...
SOME 7,800 Most Vulnerable Children living in slums in Kisumu County have benefitted from Early Childhood Development Education. The programme targets MVCs who include school children who are at risk of dropping out. The project is designed to complement the Kisumu City Directorate of Education office's efforts to achieve the second millennium development goals. The Sh21.1 million project ...
On the record
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya MP distances self from pay rise demands
- MPs Are Only the Face of Our Collective Greed
- Priest Attacked By Employee
- Isiolo Woman Asks CJ to Intervene
- Kenyans Asked to Report Corrupt Procurement
- Kiir promises to investigate Khartoums claims of support to Sudanese rebels
- South Sudan The Army Accused of Looting and Attacking its Own People
- Violence in South Sudan Town Shuts Down Hospital
- Sudan minister visits South Sudan to say it has evidence the south is supporting Sudan rebels
- Khartoum Summons Western Diplomats Over Jubas Alleged Rebel Support
- US couple donates land to Argentine park
- Kenya Kenya May Soon Reap Millions From Its Forests Says Kefri Researcher
- Ask a grown-up who invented clothes
- Court rules hydro project can proceed without environmental assessment
- NASA says meteor impact on the moon glowed like a star
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Luxury Dubai hotel set to close for revamp
- Hotel chain’s just blowing smoke
- American Airlines flight diverted to Aruba because of mechanical problem
- Sarawak Brunei Tourism Board To Establish Smart Partnership
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Law and order situation has improved in Assam
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Oz jihadist charged for issuing how-to survive holy war list on Facebook
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for a billion dollars
- Oz captain aspirant Warner comes under scrutiny for calling journalists pck old fart on Twitter
- Facebooks first year on Wall Street
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Sun unleashes earth-directed solar particles into space
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Wired Space Photo of the Day Galactic Wheels
- The science of making babies far from perfect
- Analogy The vital talent that fuels our minds