Around 50 Shikara boats in Jammu and Kashmir lined up in the renowned Dal Lake on Sunday to participate in a race, which was organised to showcase the culture of the state and promote tourism in the valley. The participants in the race, comprising of owners and operators of Shikaras, said boat racing was a prominent attraction in the region 20 years ago, but had faded over time. "This ...
Boracay Photo by Don Lejano/INQUIRER.net ILOILO CITY, Philippines -- Hotels and resorts on Boracay Island have been reeling from the cancellation of bookings of Taiwanese tourists amid the diplomatic row following the killing of a Taiwanese fisherman by Filipino coast guards, according to travel operators. Henry Chusuey, chair of the Boracay Foundation Inc. (BFI), said several resorts catering ...
Hey, want to go to Europe? How does about $400 to Dublin sound? That's the round-trip price including all taxes and fees and yes, it is on an airline you've actually heard of (Delta). Just one problem: The fare was only available back in 2009. I know because I just reviewed our historical archives plus the front pages of the airline's website as they existed back in 2009. ...
NASCAR has held races in almost all of the lower 48 states throughout its history. Some were flops or faded from memory, but others have withstood the test of time and through the decades only the occasional repaving job has been done to these monolithic structures. Here's 10Best's top 10 list of the greatest American racetracks worth traveling to see. Las Vegas Motor SpeedwayOne of ...
Dancers perform for the opening of the China Tourism Day and the 3rd Western China Tourism Industry Expo, in Chongqing, Southwest China, May 19, 2013. Chongqing is the main venue for the 2013 China Tourism Day. (Xinhua/Li ...
The Witch Who Came From the Sea [DVD]
Some of the most interesting films are the ones that lie at the often bizarre crossroads where exploitation meets art cinema. Neither here nor there, these films are often perplexing experiences because it's difficult to get a sense of the filmmaker's intentions. Since such films tend to be about extreme subject matter, their artistic pretensions often transcend simple exploitation, yet there's al ... ...
The UAE topped the Middle East region for international tourism receipts in 2012, according to data released by the UN's World Tourism ...
PARKERSBURG - Local tourism officials are anticipating a strong showing for the approaching summer travel season.. With attractions like Blennerhassett Island and the West Virginia Motor Speedway to a number of special events, fairs and festivals throughout the summer to the opening of the Boy Scout's Summit Bechtel Reserve in southern West Virginia, the area is poised to see a number of ...
Air NZ ranks amongst world's safest airlines Airways New Zealand will up its charges from July, a move airlines say is uncalled for and could impact on tourism. The state owned enterprise announced the 10.6% increase in air navigation service charges yesterday, saying the changes reflected its pricing framework. But the Board of Airline Representatives says the price hike follows ...
CHINA Southern Airlines or Hainan Airlines will receive China's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft within weeks, a senior official of Boeing China said ...
No, we don't all eat at buffets. No, we don't eat French molecular gastronomy or prime rib all the time. No, we'd rather not go to the Strip if we don't have to. Although the Strip does have a lock on our high-end and gourmet restaurants, the rest of Las Vegas is hardly a desert when it comes to serious culinary experiences. With a car and a trusty GPS, you'll be able to ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya Ndiles party wants CORD support for Makueni seat
- Kenya police kill terror couple - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois Missouri News Sports
- Kenya Mudavadi decries lack of understanding on devolution
- Kenya Vocal leaders on MPs salary debate join PSC
- World Ban Ki-moon uneasy over North Korea missile launch
- ‘29 killed in South Sudan cattle raid’
- JEM Head Denies Sudan-Chad Border Clash Was Murder
- New Regional Security Commission for Darfur - Al Bashir
- Rebels Down Sudan Air Force Drone in Kordofan
- JEM - Sudan Army Will Fail to Recapture Abu Karshola
- Politics bribery charges swirls around Ugandan oil
- Uganda bombing victim graduates from Messiah College
- Even before first drops flow Ugandas oil beset by bribery charges political interference
- South Korea Hails Govt On Promoting Security
- Long Queues Overwhelm Vaccination Centres
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Science promises strawberry fields forever
- Green Deal debt may have to be repaid before property sold
- Lauren Laverne on fashion shopping with a conscience
- Mississippians join international environmental movement
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- Dubais Jumeirah announces tie-up with Aston Martin
- Saudi airline eyes US Canada after 777 delivery
- A luxury cruise from heaven
- Romance and luxury on the high seas
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- Popular Vietnam cable TV provider drops CNN BBC over decree requiring Vietnamese translation
- SNL Recap Ben Affleck Episode Sends Bill Hader Off in Style
- 4G to debut in Shanghai next month
- Senator warns US lack of foreign policies may lead to modern-day Hitler invasion
- Saudi clerics blame Twitter for immoral souls
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Captain aspirant Warner may bid adieu to Ashes hopes over Twitter rant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Astronomers Awaiting Comet ISONs Year-End Spectacular