Senior Janata Dal- United (JD-U) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Sunday in the wake of the spot-fixing saga in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) said cricket is no longer a sport, but a trade. Tiwari said: "It is no longer a sport rather it's more like a trade now, hence the incident does not come as a surprise. The way players are being auctioned is similar to that of slaves in ancient times. ...
The Vice President of the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI), Rajiv Shukla on Sunday said strict actions would be taken if the players are found guilty after the Working Committee submits its report. Shukla said: "In the Working Committee meeting of the BCCI, it was decided that strict action would be taken on all those who indulge in betting and match fixing. The accused players are ...
Cricket Australia (CA) Sunday said David Warner has been reported for breaching their Code of Behaviour. Warner is alleged to have breached Rule 6 which is "Unbecoming behaviour, regarding comments posted on his twitter account". The rule states that "players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or ...
Buzz has it that 2000 Olympics medallist Ian Thorpe Thorpe and James Middleton, the brother of the Duchess of Cambridge, have become flatmates. Thorpe, who was a guest at Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding two years ago and has considered the royal family amongst his closest friends since the 2000 Olympics, has spent significant amount of time in London in the recent months, the Age ...
O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel. But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported. The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ...
Le doulos [DVD]
Although he would come to be identified almost exclusively with American noir-inspired gangster films, Jean-Pierre Melville did not actually make one until Le doulos, which was his eighth film and came nearly 15 years into his career. Granted, he had directed Bob le flambeur in ... ...
The popular cycling map app Strava has had one of its most popular Brisbane segments renamed 'Bedroom antics - shhhh' after complaints from homeowners along that route that riders were talking loudly about their sex lives. According to News.com.au, complaints from Yeronga residents sparked a petition last month to crack down on riders talking too loudly along a stretch of the popular River ...
England and the West Indies will play three Twenty20 matches and three One-Day Internationals in the Caribbean early next year, the West Indies Cricket Board announced. The three One-Day Internationals will be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Grounds in Antigua while Kensington Oval in Barbados will host the T20 games, the WICB said Saturday, reports CMC. The Twenty20 matches will be ...
Bermudian striker Nahki Wells says he is delighted with his role in helping Bradford City win promotion to League One after his football club swept aside Northampton Town 3-0 in the League Two play-off final at Wembley Stadium. Wells, 22, made history by becoming the first Bermudian to score Saturday at Wembley, home of English football, reports CMC. Wells netted his team's third goal in front ...
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches. The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC. "On behalf of the Board of Directors of ...
World and Olympic champion Kirani James powered to victory against his main rivals from London 2012 Olympics in the 400 metres at Shanghai's Diamond League meet. The Grenadian quarter miler raced ahead on the final bend to edge 2008 Olympic champion, the USA's Lashawn Merritt, into second place Saturday, reports Xinhua. Luguelin Santos of the Dominican Republic, the silver medallist from last ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya Bandits kill two in Mandera
- Kenya APs lucky gun attack escape
- Kenya Weight row paralyses transport at Coast
- Kenya First President farmers society of choice on deathbed
- Kenya Judge orders case retrial over faulty charge sheet
- Sudans defence minister promises rebellion annihilation
- 29 killed in South Sudan cattle raid ReportAt least 29 people were killed when cattle raiders from a South Sudanese minority group opened fire on members of another minority in a village in Upper Nile state a local official said Sunday.
- IGAD Delegation Meets Juba Lands Self Elected Presidents.
- JEM Head Denies Sudan-Chad Border Clash Was Murder
- New Regional Security Commission for Darfur - Al Bashir
- Dubai moves to stop ivory tusk smuggling
- Mother wasps do the work Country diary 100 years ago
- US Virgin Islands environment head arrested for drug trafficking
- Drug charge for Virgin Islands environment officer
- Weatherwatch Keeping warm under a snowy blanket
- Shikaras in Kashmir to promote culture and tourism
- China develops new tourism law and advocates behavior.
- UAE tops Middle East with $10 billion in tourism receipts
- Indian Tourism Ministry to promote India as a filming destination
- Airlines warn travellers could face higher fares
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- Christine White dead at 86
- Ryan Fogle U.S. Embassy Employee Accused Of Being CIA Spy Leaves Russia NTV Television Reports
- 4G to debut in Shanghai next month
- Senator warns US lack of foreign policies may lead to modern-day Hitler invasion
- Saudi clerics blame Twitter for immoral souls
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Captain aspirant Warner may bid adieu to Ashes hopes over Twitter rant
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Cory Doctorow gives the 2013 Sense About Science Lecture