Singer George Michael, who was hospitalised after he suffered a head injury following a severe car crash, has been discharged. He was travelling in a Range Rover in Hertfordshire when the accident took place, and he had to be pulled out of the car's wreckage, reports dailystar.co.uk. After the crash, he was airlifted to a hospital as he suffered head injuries. His driver was not injured in ...
Mariah Carey's spokesperson has vehemently denied rumours that the singer was lip-synching during her performance on American Idol on Thursday night. The Idol judge, who took the stage during the reality TV show's big finale, treated fans to a number of her greatest hits, including 'Hero', 'Vision of Love', 'We Belong Together 'and 'Make it Happen'. But many viewers took to Twitter, to ...
Michael Jackson's former maid has revealed that the late singer pointedly threatened her life if she ever snitched his sordid secrets. Adrian McManus told Inside Edition that she also believes that her deceased ex-boss committed child molestation, the New York Daily News reported. McManus claimed that one of Jackson's employees told her that if she would "ever go on a talk show or a TV show, ...
Singer George Michael was airlifted to a hospital after he was pulled out from a wreckage of a 70,000 pounds-worth Range Rover. He suffered head injuries in the car crash. "He was taken to hospital on the board. He couldn't move and was bleeding heavily. It clearly wasn't a minor shunt. But he's had the best emergency treatment and is recovering well," thesun.co.uk quoted a source as ...
Actress Zoe Saldana says there's a reason why singer Britney Spears enjoyed more popularity than other singers, who had a better voice. "Spears is a very beautiful human being. After I worked with her, I realised that there was a reason why she was the most popular pop artist over so many other pop artists at that time who were more talented, had better voices. And it was because of her heart, ...
Flesh for Frankenstein (aka Andy Warhol's Frankenstein)
Paul Morrisseys Flesh for Frankenstein, which was originally known as Andy Warhols Frankenstein even though Warhol did nothing but lend his name, is deliberately and unapologetically sensationalistic and in-your-face. In it, Morrissey consciously orchestrates everything to grandiose excess, from the free-flowing gore, to the cheesy dialogue, to the bad acting. Of course, theres much ... ...
Popular singer Kanye West has remarked that he doesn't consider himself a celebrity. "I ain't no muthaf celebrity," dailystar.co.uk quoted West as saying. "I ain't runnin' for office. I ain't kissin' nobody's muthaf babies. I drop your baby and you muthaf sue me and st," he said. The 35-year-old is also busy preparing for his first child with fiance Kim ...
Beyonce has admitted that she does not sing her hits to her baby daughter, Blue Ivy, in her full concert voice because she is scared the tot will grow up hating her voice. The pop singer told ITV's Daybreak that instead of using her 'Beyonce voice', she uses a 'simple Mummy voice', the Sun reported. "I remember hearing a story about Celine Dion and she's like when I sing my, I don't know if it ...
Kelly Brook and Holly Willoughby accidentally locked lips on 'Celebrity Juice' while demonstrating how to play game Read My Lips, on Friday night. The game involved the contestants passing pieces of paper to each other using just their mouths. The duo shared the kiss after their paper dropped to the floor, the Sun reported. Later, the show's host Keith Lemon, who was apparently not satisfied ...
Colombian singer Shakira will leave NBC's "The Voice" and Christina Aguilera will return to take her place next season, the Web site E! News said. "It was a hard decision for me to make, because I'm really fond of the coaches, the people in production and everybody around me," the 36-year-old superstar told E! News. "And I really enjoyed 'The Voice', but I also have a musical career and I'm ...
Singer Lily Allen says her lyrical inspiration has changed ever since she became a wife and a mother. The "Fear" hitmaker had been on hiatus from the pop world since 2009, but she recently returned to the recording studio. Wife to Sam Cooper and mother to daughters Ethel, 18 months, and Marnie, four months, she claims her latest lyrics are now heavily inspired by her new life. "I wouldn't say ...
On the record
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Kenya StarKenya Star – Continuously Updating Kenya News
Not only in East Africa, but newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
Kenya Star is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Kenya news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others.
National Kenyan news is a priority. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what is happening in business, and in the financial markets. General interest topics too include breaking Internet news, food and drinks stories, and the latest developments in Science.
Whether it is the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it is local Kenya news, the weather forecast for cities in Kenya, you will find it all at Kenya Star.
From Mombasa to the capital Nairobi, Kenya Star should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional East Africa, and national.
Floods caused by heavy rains in Kenya since March have claimed the lives of at least 90 people and displaced more than 100,000 others, the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) said Friday.
Kenya's coastal and western regions are among the worst hit.
"The government should consider declaring flooding a national disaster in some of the counties so as to increase the emergency," Xinhua quoted KRCS Secretary General Abbas Gullet as saying.
He said more resources from the central government are urgently required.
"We are aware that the government has not set aside the funds and so money will have to be diverted from other sources," he said.
Last month, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) appealed to the international community for $3.8 million in aid for landslide and flood victims.
- Kenya Civil society opposes restrictions on funding
- Kenya Is Balalas Cabinet post a blessing or a poisoned lace
- Kenya Uhuru and Ruto face insecurity nightmare
- Kenya As second in command will Ruto break the VP jinx
- Lifestyle Kenya walks a tightrope in Somalia as Kismayo gets new leader
- Kiir promises to investigate Khartoums claims of support to Sudanese rebels
- South Sudan The Army Accused of Looting and Attacking its Own People
- Violence in South Sudan Town Shuts Down Hospital
- Sudan minister visits South Sudan to say it has evidence the south is supporting Sudan rebels
- US couple donates land to Argentine park
- Ore. timber country ponders future with fewer logs
- Greenpeace asks Philippinegovernment to halt Bt eggplantex...
- Canada uneasy about oil-sands byproduct accumulation
- Cutting rain forests may undercut hydro output
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- First Saudi woman reaches Mount Everest summit
- LATAM Airlines to resume Argentina flights later Saturday
- New board to oversee Trinidads Caribbean Airlines
- Luxury Dubai hotel set to close for revamp
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Sports Why most retired footballers become television pundits
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Oz jihadist charged for issuing how-to survive holy war list on Facebook
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for a billion dollars
- Oz captain aspirant Warner comes under scrutiny for calling journalists pck old fart on Twitter
- Facebook hate-page targets Tasmanian teachers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kenya Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Astronomers Awaiting Comet ISONs Year-End Spectacular
- Sun unleashes earth-directed solar particles into space
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Investigators seek cause of commuter train crash in Connecticut
- Senate expense claim scandal dampers Victoria Day festivities